1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pink Floyd PULSE DVD.Is this real?

Discussion in 'Music & Music Streaming Services' started by muppetmick, Jan 11, 2003.

1. muppetmick

muppetmick
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was browsing on ebay last night and found this Pink Floyd P.U.L.S.E dvd for sale.Is this the real McCoy or is someone having a laugh? The seller also claims to have "real" copies of Pompeii and Delicate Sounds of Thunder.I have found no site that has them for sale.Take a look at [Link to pirate goods removed by SG]

2. karkus30

karkus30
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,261
    I think not. Must be very easy to convert a video tape to disc. There is definitely no release of Pulse immenent.

3. PaulBoy

PaulBoy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +87
    mm - i agree this is going to be a video to dvd copy (at best!)
    Rumour has it that PULSE is on its way in 2003 - i read that Dave Gilmour was involved in mixing it for DVD release & that his managment had said that Live in Pompeii would be out in 2003 & that DSOTM was going to be mixed to DVD-A to celebrate its 30 year birthday ... I'd especially like PULSE but I'd settle for any of the three ;)

4. VMAX

VMAX

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Not copies from vhs tape. More likely, and easier, to be copies from VCD. I have Pulse and Live at Pompeii on genuine, original VCD. I have a number of others, all Malaysian in origin where VCD is the norm. Pulse is Sony music, 2 disc, 22 tracks and considering it was recorded in 1994 live at Earls Court, as good as you would expect. The quality of original VCDs is very good, most people only see poor copies and that is why they get dismissed out of hand. I also have Star Wars 4,5,6 boxset again original VCD and I would say they are better than VHS, but obviously not as good as DVD, although if Lucas messes with them before he puts them out on DVD......... VMax

5. gringottsdirect

gringottsdirect

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    SACD instead.

6. dnrc

dnrc
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    personally I can't wait for live at pompeii on DVD, I likewise had already read that it is due this year, does anyone have any further info, like dates etc.

7. avdesigns

avdesigns

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    one of the hifi mags had a small article about Dave Gilmore a couple of months ago which stated he was working on the Pulse DVD.