Pink Floyd cd will not play on Yamaha M170 ?

redshift50

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Help.
Pink Floyd-Dark Side Of The Moon cd will not play on my Yamaha M170 System ?,
The Yamaha will not read the TOC ?,the cd plays fine on my Pc and on a Toshiba HD-DVD Player,
I bought the cd last Friday from the Zavvi store in Bradford,Took it back today and changed it for another one,but it still wont play,its just the same,
Anyone got any ideas,
Thanks....

What's the ID code for that cd? Maybe a internet search will throw up something peculiar.

While this may sound silly on a new CD try cleaning the surface. Maybe there's a mark or something on the inner tracks of the CD that the Yamaha is having trouble reading.

It's a catalogue number that should be printed on the CD. It's the same as the last few digits of the barcode. It may have some letters in front of it too. This gives information on the release date, the artist & the album title. From this information you should be able to deduce if it was a special recording like HDCD, had extra tracks etc. Looking in the right places you should be able to find reviews & any info on problems with playability (if any).

Is there a 'hidden' track at the start of the album? Some players have problems with those.

okay,thanks,will try and find id number on www
its def,not a sacd,
dont know about a hidden track,
but its doing my head in not being able to play it,
thought it may be my Yamaha,but I have been through most of my collection of
music cd's and they all play fine apart from this one,
thanks for all your help guys,
k,

the id code info did not reveal anything,have contacted Yamaha to see if they can come up with anything,
I wonder if the special edition version would be the same ?.
k,

You could of course try selecting a track & see if it will go straight to that track. If it's saying "no disc" I'm thinking it probably won't tho'.

I've just seen a review of this system in Hi-Fi world. From the brief overview of it I had, didn't mention any problems. Infact it got praised quite well!

do a straight copy of the cd onto cdr and see if that plays ok
it will tell you if the make up of the cd is at fault or if your cd player doesn't like that prodution batch of that title

Yes but any PC will be able to play the CD layer that is on SACDs. Your username is quite apt in this instance. :rotfl:

That is of course true Crusty but in this instance if it were a hybrid then there would (should) be no reason why it would not play in the Yamaha, so I think the reply *Basicaudio* gave to another post is iterating what was said.

That is of course true Crusty but in this instance if it were a hybrid then there would (should) be no reason why it would not play in the Yamaha,

It is possible that the Yamaha is having problems focusing on the CD layer of a hybrid SACD. Not likely, but possible anyway.

Got a reply from Yamaha about this,they dont know of any problems regarding playing of this cd on the Yamaha and suggest I take unit back to dealer(Empire)with cd and see what they think,
I may do,if I can be bothered,just more hassle,lol,
thanks for help,
cheer's,
k,

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom