Ping!!

strid

Standard Member
Hi guys, any assistance greatly appreciated.
Been with Sky approx 2 months - started bad, got better but now slipping again.
My d/load and u/load speed has just increased by approx a meg of which i'm happier BUT, lag has jumped up to approx 230.
Anyone know why in simple terms and what i can do to reduce it, again in easy-to understand terminology?
I'm a mac user btw (not really sure if that matters).

Rygar

Novice Member
Phone up support. Ask to talk to someone from tier 3. Ask if your "max delay" can be reduced. Default is 32. Reducing to 8 should improve ping times significantly, but possibly at the expense of some speed & stabilty. If the tier 3 guy/gal is good they should ensure your line is still stable after setting to 8.

Getting to tier 3 may be a challenge in itself though.

strid

Standard Member
Phone up support. Ask to talk to someone from tier 3. Ask if your "max delay" can be reduced. Default is 32. Reducing to 8 should improve ping times significantly, but possibly at the expense of some speed & stabilty. If the tier 3 guy/gal is good they should ensure your line is still stable after setting to 8.

Getting to tier 3 may be a challenge in itself though.

Thanks mate - Your advise worked a treat, and no stability issues to date, Thanks:thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom