• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Pinch of salt

U

ukdood

Hi all,

Apologies if this is posted in the wrong thread but its my first post here.

I am looking to buy a 40" panel with a budget of £750, I had set my mind on plasma as in my experience they look less 'grainy' than lcd's. On a visit to Currys today I asked about the 40" plasmas but was told that lcd is better for 40" sets?

Am I right in taking this advice with a pinch of salt?

Thanks in advance.

PJTX100

Distinguished Member
Am I right in taking this advice with a pinch of salt?

Yes, it's complete nonesense. Though I'm not sure how many 40" plasmas there are out there, 42" seems to be the norm.

Plasma will generally be 42" not 40" so it would depend on what size you can fit. I prefer plasma screens but everyone's different.i'd look at either a panasonic px70 or pz70 or samsung 42". sony lcd a v3000 might be possible people been talking about £899 plus PS3 on some forums

U

ukdood

Thanks both very much for the advice, very much appreciated.

Was thinking of the panny, it has some very good reviews. Having a quick scan on the web I can get the Sony for £844.01 & the Panasonic for £625.01, so it may be the 70B. But if I can find the Sony for £899 with the PS3....................

Thanks again

choddo2006

Distinguished Member
Thanks both very much for the advice, very much appreciated.

Was thinking of the panny, it has some very good reviews. Having a quick scan on the web I can get the Sony for £844.01 & the Panasonic for £625.01, so it may be the 70B. But if I can find the Sony for £899 with the PS3....................

Thanks again

You can get the Panny + a PS3 for 925 anyway

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom