pinballz

C

Condemned_Choco

i was lurking around ign, and recalled my glory days of pinball. andi came across this little gem of xbox arcadey goodness.
DISCUSS NOW
pinball-fx-20070205055128627.jpg

according to the internet, you can use a camera to hit the flippers. like using your hands. i like the graphics. i don't know how well the itoy type play will do.
but for just a little arcade game, it looks great

you talking about a motion sensor kinda play?.....if so i shall enjoy it

The key feature list from the site is:

Live chat via the Xbox 360 Live Vision Camera
Three vibrant, 3-dimensional tables provide dozens of hours of play
State-of-the-art physics model that surpasses the best titles in the genre
Tables start out simple, but new challenges open up as a player's skill advances
Flipper arms can be controlled with hand/arm motions via the Xbox 360
Live Vision camera
Downloadable tables on Xbox Live Marketplace
Real-time head-to-head mode for online multiplayer competition
Amazing realism and polished presentation

While most of the information is pretty much what you would expect from a pinball game, their is a bit of a surprise, vision camera support including more than just video chat. While many people who tried the pinball game in Totemball, will be quick to tell you that it's not quite optimal, remember that this is an optional way of playing the game, not mandatory. While we still don't know when the game will be out, it certainly looks like it's far along the development path.

Source: http://www.xblarcade.com/node/368

Holy crap, This actually looks really good.. I think this whole camera thing is going to be great. It could go either ways.. The graphics aren't half bad either.

Should be good, the Xbox 360 is crying out for a decent pinball game, not to mention another game with Live Vision support, and the XBL Arcade is the perfect place for it.

Flipnic on the PS2 was the last good pinball game I remember, anyone else got any favourites?

I used to love the Digital Illusions games on the Amiga (Pinball Dreams, Pinball Fantasies...) As long as they get the ball movement and playability right this is a definite buy for me!:thumbsup:

I used to love the Digital Illusions games on the Amiga (Pinball Dreams, Pinball Fantasies...) As long as they get the ball movement and playability right this is a definite buy for me!:thumbsup:

I completely agree, the Digital Illusion games were excellent, I also liked Alien Crush & Devil Crash on the PCE (still have them actually) :cool:

If they get the physics & 'weight' of the ball right, this 360 pinball could be the best yet!

Oh the hours spent on those two games, superb, If this plays like those then ill be getting it.

I had completely forgotten about pinball games

Man I used to be addicted to these games esp Pro Pinball The Web and Time shock wiki pro pinball:the web
They were for Windows 95 and supported res of up to 1600x1200, I think I might look for the cd's again.

Anyone else play them, I used to love the little minigames on the lcd screen.
To think of the hours I put in to those two, esp timshock as it it had more lasting appeal with the different time periods etc.

I completely agree, the Digital Illusion games were excellent, I also liked Alien Crush & Devil Crash on the PCE (still have them actually) :cool:

If they get the physics & 'weight' of the ball right, this 360 pinball could be the best yet!
I had Devil Crash on the Megadrive and I also lost many hours to David's Midnight Magic on the C64. Also, does anyone else remember Pinball Construction Kit on the C64? I believe that Midnight Magic was actually made with the construction kit.

Midnight Magic:
davids_midnight_magic_01.gif

Construction Kit:
pinball_construction_set_02.gif

Check the other thread Mr Quint - it's not the only release..

Played this for about 3 and a half hours last night, im hooked! great game. also like the way you race to get the points target in multiplayer.
No doubt ill be on this agin tonight. If you loved the Amiga pinball games I can't see you not loving this. :smashin:

I wasn't too impressed, it's no Pinball Dreams. Sound effects in particular are very weak, although I have to admit having a few goes before quitting.

I wasn't too impressed, it's no Pinball Dreams. Sound effects in particular are very weak, although I have to admit having a few goes before quitting.

oof..thats well dated now,this one is pretty good,not played the full game,unlike my mate who raves about it,and i feel playing the demo isnt a true reflection of the game.

this game is very addiditive but must agree that the sound is so lame. even when you turn it up it still sounds pants.

I just downloaded & had a go, on first impressions it seems ok but I'm not blown away.

How do the other tables compare to the table playable in the demo?

Agents is the best table, I'm really enjoying this game, first arcade game I've unlocked and I can see me spending quite a few hours on this

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom