Pinball FX2 VR - November 29th 2016

So no free update for existing owners.

Got this & it's pretty much as you would expect. The Vr is sort of wasted as you're concentrating on the table rather than the environment.

Thats a shame, I quite looked the look of this. Mainly the Walking Dead shown in the adverts

Personally I think it's fantastic. Surely the purpose of VR is to immerse yourself into another environment. This puts me in a big room with a life size pinball table in front of me so for me that's what I would expect. Granted you won't spend much of the time looking at the effects swirling round you but it is cool that they included them.

I bought this for £8.29 on psn as it's on sale at the mo , I play zen pinball on PS4 anyways and I buy tables every so often , the Star Wars and South Park tables are awesome and I really need them to release them in the VR version as I play them ,also the doom,Skyrim,fallout table pack is just out recently and needs the VR treatment quickly as those tables are so much better than the basic ones which is all that's out in VR currently , I am a little disappointed that the 'Epic Quest' table has such a horrible frame rate though I thought ps Pro was here to tidy this up ?

Last edited:
I just purchased along with the walking dead DLC. Looking forward to playing it once and never touching it again like every game I buy :thumbsup:

I just purchased along with the walking dead DLC. Looking forward to playing it once and never touching it again like every game I buy :thumbsup:

A bit like me, who bought it because it was in the sale.. Loaded it once and then questioned why when I have never liked Pinball games :)..

But its only £8 and I guess nice to have in the library.

I actually quite enjoy it now and then, I've played it probably 5 times. Happy enough for the money.

It's nice just to load up for half hour and play.
I was same, bought in sale along with the walking dead.
One for the collection.

Played for quite a few hours Friday evening, great game. No frame rate issues mentioned above, perhaps it runs better on the Pro.

Love pinball fx, but have it on xbox 360,ps3, ps4 and vita. Not sure if I want to fork out for the same tables again

Just purchased the standard pack for £4.99. Loved Pinball FX2 on the Xbox 360.
Will probably get the Walking Dead table at some point.

I seem to be buying more and more games in the sale without actually getting very far into a game. My Skyrim VR quest has ground to halt because of Wipe Out and Dirt Rally VR!
I suppose shouldn't complain that there are lots of appealing games out there for me at the moment...

It's a great game, in the early days it was my go to game when I started getting a bit sick from vr

Got this also in the sale and can't believe it's taken me so long to buy it. It's great and really adds to the immersion looking down onto the table. I got the season 1 pack which unfortu at key wasn't on sale, I hope they keep supporting the vr side of thingswith new tables as fx3 has just come out recently aswell which I'm loving also

Played this last night and enjoyed it alot. I think Secrets of the Deep is my favorite table as this was one I played on the 360.
The one thing I did notice is that perhaps rather obviously you are having to look down for alot of the game. This kind of makes sense as thats how you play a real pinball table but I did find that I was recalibrating the screen a fair amount. It didn't ruin the game but I guess I am use to looking forward when playing VR, it took a bit of getting use to.
Clearly this is something the developers knew as they offer an additional button to re-calibrate rather than the normal Options button.

I find it takes me a few goes to get the view I want. I sit about 4 ft from my camera with it about level with the top of my head. I found if I look up a bit and calibrate I get a nice close view of the table.

I've no one on my friends list to compare scores with so if anyone wants to add me it's Once_Were_winka

I noticved a thread in the PC Forums VR section which sparked an interest:

Universal Classics™ Pinball Gets Even More Immersive With Pinball FX2 VR

The Oculus Rift, Go & Gear have had new tables released. These are based on the Universal Studio films of ET, Back to the Future and Jaws.

A short trailer of the tables is here:

No word on whether the PSVR will be getting them but hopefully they will arrive sooner rather than later. The Jaws one looks especially good.
BTW. I picked on the Walking Dead table for £2.49 earlier if anyone is interested. The main pack is also discounted to £9.xx
Offer ends on 23rd May?

Any fingers crossed for new tables!

I noticed that popped up in my Google cards feed thing. I hope they do it as a free add on for vr (doubt it) as I bought the universal pack for PinballFX3 not long ago so not sure Id want to double dip just yet unless the price was right. They are great tablea mind, I was 55th in the world at one point on Back To the Future.

Might get the walking dead at that price

I watched some reviews on the tables. One guy was complaining when starting a new ball from the plunger 75% of the time the ball on Jaws goes down the left hand drain. He was pretty unimpressed with the table. Having said that I would expect this to look great in VR.
Had a go last night on the Walking Dead Table. I liked it though the missions which are based on the chapters from the game are next to impossible to complete. I had no real clue as to what I was supposed to do, had a few good multi-ball moments.
Early days so probably my lack of experience, for £2.49 its not an issue .
The animations on the table are also very good.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom