PIN SKY+ Problem

sdm197

Novice Member
Hi All,

I have a problem with my Sky+ box, even though I have turned off via the "Services" menu the parental control, it is still insisting asking me my PIN number when I try to watch a recorded film which is 18 rated.

Last night I recorded the Howard Stern Movie which is 18 rated, went to watch it earlier and it asks me for a PIN number.

this is really hacking me off:mad: , anyone having the same problem???

SDM197

FRANTIC FRANC

Novice Member
Your pin number is usually the last 4 digits of the Sky card (the original one when you were installed). Turn off your parental control (viewing restrictions) in the Digiboxes menu!

Cheers, Franc

V

vfrkid

if you record a 18 film and watch the recording before 10pm or a 15 film before 8pm then you will need your pin whatever the pin settings in the menu , it is part of skys agreement with OFCOM, guess it covers sky if you come down stairs Sunday morning to find little Johnny trembling behind the sofa while watching Chucky. though i have heard of some sky boxes that dont ask for the pin, it maybe due to the software version. I know it is anoying for all adult housholds.

chuwright

Novice Member
I have the same frustrating problem with manual timed recordings. If I record Cartoon Network from say 16:30 - 19:00 using a timer entry, when it comes to playback it always asks for the pin! So now my kids keep pestering me!

FRANTIC FRANC

Novice Member
Are you checking your parental control settings ????

there are options to switch on/off pre-watershed playback

Cheers, Franc

sdm197

Novice Member
Hi Franc,

I went to the "Services" menu and all the parental restrictions are off, I have no problem remembering the PIN its just a pain:mad: that I now have to do this when before I never had too.

I have also selected restrictions OFF by pressing the red button on the remote whilst in the parental control screen menu which greys out the bottom three options.

Thanks for your thoughts so far,

SDM197

sdm197

Novice Member
Hi Franc,

This gets even stranger:cool: yesterday I thought we had cracked it, I checked ALL the settings, went back to planner, played the Howard Stern Film, and WHOOPPEE it DIDNT ask for my PIN, I even set up the copy function with this film sandwiched between 2 other recordings, and it DIDNT ask for my PIN FANTASTIC:smashin: or at least I thought......

Got up this morning, being a bit of a sceptical ****ard I went to the planner, and tried to play the Howard Stern film and it asked for my PIN AAARRRRRGHH:mad: :mad:

I don't know what to do now, actually I think I will do forced update on the software,

I'll let you know......

SDM197

davemurgatroyd2

Distinguished Member
Sometimes these settings need changing to "on" and then back to "off" to change correctly although they may show as off in the menu this may be corrupted.

sdm197

Novice Member
Hi ALL,

EUREEEEEKKKKAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!

I forced it to update its EPG Software, (now showing sky+4.10.c) it also changed the Operating System Version to 1.31B00,

Now it doesn't ask me for my PIN when I watch 18 rated movies during the day, well at least now it dosent, we'll see if it still works tomorrow shall we:cool:

SDM197

jjps

Standard Member
Hi all,

Are your pin problems still sorted after the forced software update sdm197?

I have a Thomson PVR3, software version 4.03d (i think), and the last 2 nights I've recorded a 'PG' and a 'U' film for the kids. These recordings both happened through the night. When asked to play back, the PIN was required. This is despite all relevant PIN settings being removed. The thing is, I have also recorded similar rated films during the day, and no PIN has been asked when played back:(

Is it something to do with the time they have been recorded???

Please help!

sdm197

Novice Member
Hi All,

The PIN problem has finally gone!!!!

its working without the PIN at last after the forced update,

jjps

It didn't seem to matter when they were recorded it was when you wanted to play them back that was my problem.

SDM197