• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Pin Problem

Rodgy

Active Member
No doubt I'm not the first with this.........had Sky HD a month or so now (using previous Sky + viewing card), but only just got to watching a '15' recorded film. Stupid pin number request, tried old pin (denied) and then the last four digits of the viewing card - but still denied.

Anyone recommend my next step please (and don't let it be "call Sky" :( )
 

loz

Distinguished Member
Funny, but same here.

Never used the pin before, or been asked for it by the box until I tried to watch a film I had recorded the other day.

Clearly it isn't the last 4 numbers of my viewer number.
So what is it?
 

Goooner

Distinguished Member
Rodgy said:
Anyone recommend my next step please (and don't let it be "call Sky" :( )

I think that's your only option:eek:

Had to do it earlier myself, fortunately it was quite painless and I was only on the phone about 5 mins.
 
Z

Zedd

Guest
Yep me too. My day old Sky HD demanded a PIN to watch Robots! I thought I'd recorded it on BoxOffice by mistake!

Last 4 digits of viewing card didn't work but the same 5 mins on the Sky helpdesk resulted in a new PIN... and I could switch the whole dashed parental control thing off! (Youngest daughter now being 20 she's probably seen more than she'll even encounter on Sky Movies!).
 

tony @ suffolk

Active Member
Zedd said:
Last 4 digits of viewing card didn't work but the same 5 mins on the Sky helpdesk resulted in a new PIN... and I could switch the whole dashed parental control thing off! (Youngest daughter now being 20 she's probably seen more than she'll even encounter on Sky Movies!).

Had the same thing myself, but I can't seem to switch the Parental Control completely off. How did you do it please Zedd? Or am I just being dumb?
 
Z

Zedd

Guest
Hi Tony.

- Go to the Services menu.
- Select the Parental Control option and enter your PIN.
- At the bottom left corner of this screen you will see that the red button can now be used to turn PIN Restrictions On/Off.

Press the red button and you shouldn't be asked for your PIN for anything other than Adult Content (My assumption based upon the only two remaining available menu options).
 
Z

Zedd

Guest
Err... maybe I spoke too soon! I've just been asked for a PIN to watch Elektra (Live, not a recording). I've checked all of the parental control settings and not one single channel is flagged as being locked?

Anyone else had more success?
 

pnangna

Active Member
Zedd said:
Err... maybe I spoke too soon! I've just been asked for a PIN to watch Elektra (Live, not a recording). I've checked all of the parental control settings and not one single channel is flagged as being locked?

Anyone else had more success?

Hi pin control remains on for films over 12 (i think its 12) before the 9oclock watershed it cant be turned off
 

Hitby

Well-known Member
pnangna said:
Hi pin control remains on for films over 12 (i think its 12) before the 9oclock watershed it cant be turned off

it can now can't it? I'm sure I disabled it with a 'disable pre watershed pin' option :D
 

Dave911

Active Member
I think on the new boxes the PIN defaults to 0000 - though I have not yet tried it. Would be nice to know tho
 

heelsie

Standard Member
I had this issue with my old Sky+ box and new HD box. Read this thread yesterday and tried `0000`, `1234` and so on. Called Sky and was told straight away that the default is the last four numbers of viewing card. Did it while still on the phone and it unlocked straight away.
 
S

singhie

Guest
I can disabled it with 'disable pre watershed pin' option on my Sky+ box however this option is not available on my SkyHD box.
 

Hitby

Well-known Member
aah, well, that'd be it, not lucky enough to own hd yet :(
 

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom