Pimped PSPs

Hi/zuum

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Anyone want to showcase their pimped out PSP. i.e different faceplates/skins/buttons, anything goes. ;)

Warning - only for the mentalist! :suicide:

Asterix clear faceplate with no screen guard! for the ultimate in clear pictures. (dust is removed with light brushing before each session, though lens cloth can be used if LCD is touched) + original black buttons. Everything works perfectly + I've got some clear asterix buttons on order to maybe mix in with the black ones. Here's the results so far -

http://img163.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc03209oj8.jpg
http://img234.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc03210ft9.jpg

My verdict - the faceplate shows zero fingerprints which is great & the bare LCD screen is perfection, plus if I'm careful it'll remain that way for good with no fear of trapped dust in the future. :smashin:

Here's my latest incarnation. A tip for anyone using Asterix faceplates/buttons, it's a good idea to use the same buttons with their faceplates. The buttons are a little deeper in profile than the original ones & so register better. The d-pad especially is a lot better which I'm happy about what with Tekken coming soon! :thumbsup:

http://img135.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc03255qj8.jpg

Where did you get the faceplates from and how much delivered?

I was gonna get the sunny yellow one but Im gonna mod my PSP's dpad before I do it. I've heard that the XCM smooth faceplates have an improved d-pad as well, plus they inclue it with the pad'n'buttons with face plate.

bash said:
Where did you get the faceplates from and how much delivered?

I was gonna get the sunny yellow one but Im gonna mod my PSP's dpad before I do it. I've heard that the XCM smooth faceplates have an improved d-pad as well, plus they inclue it with the pad'n'buttons with face plate.

Lik-Sang - Clear faceplate (Asterix) - £15.18 - Global Priority shipping cost - £2.10 / Red buttons (Asterix) - £4.69 - both sold/shipped separately to avoid customs charge.

I can't comment on the XCM one but if it includes pad & buttons it should all work well together. Here's a link I used for inspiration - http://boardsus.playstation.com/pla...sage.id=1817950&view=by_date_ascending&page=1

Just ordered one of these to enable me to use the original black buttons with better results, basically because as the originals sit lower in the asterix faceplate this should lift the buttons up, plus it should improve diagonals as the advert says at the same time.

https://www.ps2repairs.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=413

EDIT - a point on the Asterix faceplate is it's a minute job to remove it, it screws on/off perfectly.

^^^ BE WARNED, above idea didn't work. :thumbsdow (rip off alert), still it's confirmed to me if you're swapping faceplates, stick with the same buttons designed for that faceplate, i.e Asterix buttons work best in Asterix faceplates.

I've ordered the same button/d-pad stickers, as soon as I get some compressed air to clear the dust, Im going ahead with the mod. I'll post my findings.

bash said:
I've ordered the same button/d-pad stickers, as soon as I get some compressed air to clear the dust, Im going ahead with the mod. I'll post my findings.

I should add that they didn't work with the original buttons in the Asterix faceplate but they might work in the original faceplate with the original buttons if you know what I mean. I expect that's what the were designed for in the first place so you should be all right. Good luck anyway. :)

dont see the point in changing the faceplate - just seems added expense to something that really doesnt do anything but chgnes the look of it.

think ill stick to the black original faceplate - methinks the original is of better quality than these cheap plastic jobs ;)

captain kirk said:
dont see the point in changing the faceplate - just seems added expense to something that really doesnt do anything but chgnes the look of it.

...except I haven't got my covered in smears everytime I've finished with it. :rolleyes:

captain kirk said:

I presume your house just has bare plaster on the walls then :D

captain kirk said:

think ill stick to the black original faceplate - methinks the original is of better quality than these cheap plastic jobs ;)

And that is your right, but after market faceplates can have a perfectly legitimate place in the marketplace. Sony themselves acknowledge that by starting with black, then producing a white version. Ultimately they themselves will sanction various other versions as a way of stimulating sales and interest.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom