Pikmin GC

Discussion in 'General Video Gaming Chat' started by stevegreen, Jun 14, 2002.

1. stevegreen

stevegreen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +921
    This game is released in the UK today and i am considering getting it, basically because i'm curious.

Has anyone got/played it?

Any opinions?

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    haven't played it but the graphics on the Jap version were amazing.

Nintendo were doing a Pikmin launch in Leeds today with life-size Pikmin running around the city centre helping people out.

3. NeoBlade

NeoBlade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Most people won't like it because it doesn't really fit into the popular genres... IMO you should give it a chance via a rental at least. Just play it with an open mind since this is one of many Nintendo games that are trying to break the mould.

Think of it like a 3D Lemmings crossed with RTS elements... Many people I've spoken to that have played the game found it stupidly relaxing and fun to play, but far too short. Just give it a chance and don't expect it to be a mass brawler or something. Once you get used to the mechanics I'm sure you won't want to leave...

4. Respectamonkeee

Respectamonkeee
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Games like this are the reason i bought a CG......been playing it solid all weekend...class game..

makes a change from running round blowing stuff up;)

5. NeoBlade

NeoBlade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hehe good man. You've probably heard of Animal Crossing then... Most peeps will hate it but I'm looking forward to the game. After all no-one would have thought Harvest Moon would be fun...

6. Respectamonkeee

Respectamonkeee
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yer caught a video of animal crossing........prob get it as the wife would love it...all them cute things running round...

all i have to do now is prise her of Meele

7. NeoBlade

NeoBlade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    lol I would have thought Super Monkey Ball would have been the fave for many ladies. Animal Crossing is looking decent. Just don't expect to play it for hours on end in one go because it uses the internal clock... So the game is in real time. People wake up at certain times, go shopping at certain times, and sleep at certain times. Better off playing the game for an hour or two every so often and leaving notes to other gamers and friends.

Good to hear that the Gamecube will also have the new Harvest Moon since thats another game that will eat hours without you knowing it. If you haven't played it before buy the game on the PSX 2nd hand - Harvest Moon : Back to Nature. The PS2 version is out in the USA as well...

8. Texas Pete

Texas Pete

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I did like it at first but have become bored of it very quickly.

9. NeoBlade

NeoBlade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Any game that are based on strategy or puzzles are not often ones for the impatient... Hence the amount of action titles available on all formats...

10. Texas Pete

Texas Pete

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I agree, but I do like strategy games. I think the game looks great, and I did enjoy playing it.

11. Respectamonkeee

Respectamonkeee
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    it does get kinda tuff.......but there usaully an easier way to do something....and having good management of ya pikmin...

only got 16 parts but i keep playing them over so i can get the most out of a day.....only on day 10 so far

12. john87

john87

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    cube game? ;)