Pig Tails ???

kingcobbler

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I have got a Yamaha DSP-A2 amp. This AV Amp does not take banana plugs for the speaker cable. So I have crammed directly onto the binding posts my Cable Talk 3.1 Bi-Wire cable.

I have recently bought a REL Q201E subwoofer. Connected the low-level fine but adding the high-level input direct to the overful binding posts insn't going to be easy.

I friend of mine said to get a set of "pig tails". Apparently these are sets of cable just a couple of inches long of pure copper which go on the binding post (with the high-level cable of the REL) and at the other end is a connection to take a banana plug.

This seems to solve all my problems but has anyone ever heard / use them. As they would be attached to Kef Reference would they affect the sound quality. And most importantly does anyone know where I can get them from ? A URL would be most handy.

Many thanks in advance.

kingcobbler said:
adding the high-level input direct to the overful binding posts insn't going to be easy.

Not easy but not impossible as I used to connect high level to a Yamaha amp with Cable Talk as the speaker cable too.

You should be able to wrap the ends of the high level cable around the Cable Talk cable and secure them together into the binding posts.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom