Pig Movie Review & Comments

Casimir Harlow

Movies Editor
Reaction score
Well, that sounds right up my street! One to keep an eye out for.

Thanks for the review Cas.

Last edited:
I saw this a few days ago. Funnily, at one point I thought it was going to take a real twist and turn into a version of "Taken".

I do have to say I thoroughly enjoyed the film. One of the very few were I didn't feel the need to scroll through my phone at some point to break up the boredom and I found it strangely evocative!

Thanks for the review Cas. Defintiely one I want to check out, and your first few paragraphs sum up the Cage credo perfectly!

Good review, cheers Cas.
I actually gave this a straight 10 on IMDB. Absolutely loved it. Cage's restrained performance is excellent. The cinematography is beautiful, it actually looks like truffle.

Aka- Taken: the bacon
loved this so much, cage was phenomenal!

Film of the year............... Cage pulls one film out of the bag every so often.

Watch it and enjoy.

10/10. until the end of time. :)

I will have to watch this, I have always liked Nicola Cage, he is consistently good and when the film is also good the stars align. Wild At Heart, Raising Arizona, The Rock, Face/Off, Con Air , Lord Of War, Kick Ass, Mandy, Colour Out Of Space are all great. Shame I can't un-see The Wicker Man remake, not the bees..
I wonder why he doesn't get picked up more recently for big releases or why Tarantino hasn't worked with him as that would be gold.

Will give this one a watch unlike Willis seems to be doing some good films recently gonna try and watch Prisoners of the ghostland too

Oh my goodness. I only mentioned Cage and Snake Eyes yesterday, and then Cas comes through with a Cage classic the very next morning.

In all honesty, this sounds like the greatest film of all time.

Every cell in my eyes wants to watch this asap. Such an odd premise for a movie and it's no surprise at all that Cage is in it. He's generally in utter stinkers or utter gems. As Cas says, you have to give it to the guy, he's nothing if not unpredictable.

Thanks for the Review, Cas. Sounds like fun!
cracking or crackling?
Nice to hear of a Movie that has a straightforward, lean plot. Let's hope it does well & does not go belly-up. Good to hear that Cage is on a bit of a winnning streak.

Thanks for the Review, Cas. Sounds like fun!

Nice to hear of a Movie that has a straightforward, lean plot. Let's hope it does well & does not go belly-up. Good to hear that Cage is on a bit of a winnning streak.
hopefully there not scratching around for a plot!

Must say when I saw this pop my First thought was - and especially after reading the description - What the Hell is Cage doing....However, what a corker.
It's funny how you can almost tell from the get go with the amazing cinematography and Cage's first few minutes on screen that this is a special beast. Highly recommended.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom