Pig Movie Review & Comments

keithwiggins

Last edited:

Drax1

Distinguished Member

Nilanth

I saw this a few days ago. Funnily, at one point I thought it was going to take a real twist and turn into a version of "Taken".

I do have to say I thoroughly enjoyed the film. One of the very few were I didn't feel the need to scroll through my phone at some point to break up the boredom and I found it strangely evocative!

Slinkywizard

Thanks for the review Cas. Defintiely one I want to check out, and your first few paragraphs sum up the Cage credo perfectly!

Gambit1977

Good review, cheers Cas.
I actually gave this a straight 10 on IMDB. Absolutely loved it. Cage's restrained performance is excellent. The cinematography is beautiful, it actually looks like truffle.

bootyman81

Distinguished Member
Aka- Taken: the bacon
loved this so much, cage was phenomenal!

Hampy1972

Distinguished Member
Film of the year............... Cage pulls one film out of the bag every so often.

Watch it and enjoy.

10/10. until the end of time. :)

Russ 66

I will have to watch this, I have always liked Nicola Cage, he is consistently good and when the film is also good the stars align. Wild At Heart, Raising Arizona, The Rock, Face/Off, Con Air , Lord Of War, Kick Ass, Mandy, Colour Out Of Space are all great. Shame I can't un-see The Wicker Man remake, not the bees..
I wonder why he doesn't get picked up more recently for big releases or why Tarantino hasn't worked with him as that would be gold.

Jimmy Grease

crazy how any if a story revolves around a man looking for someone or something, its called john wick.

Davekale86

Will give this one a watch unlike Willis seems to be doing some good films recently gonna try and watch Prisoners of the ghostland too

richp007

Distinguished Member
Oh my goodness. I only mentioned Cage and Snake Eyes yesterday, and then Cas comes through with a Cage classic the very next morning.

In all honesty, this sounds like the greatest film of all time.

keithwiggins

GreyMutton

Every cell in my eyes wants to watch this asap. Such an odd premise for a movie and it's no surprise at all that Cage is in it. He's generally in utter stinkers or utter gems. As Cas says, you have to give it to the guy, he's nothing if not unpredictable.

Evinger

Distinguished Member
Thanks for the Review, Cas. Sounds like fun!
cracking or crackling?
Nice to hear of a Movie that has a straightforward, lean plot. Let's hope it does well & does not go belly-up. Good to hear that Cage is on a bit of a winnning streak.

keithwiggins

Thanks for the Review, Cas. Sounds like fun!

Nice to hear of a Movie that has a straightforward, lean plot. Let's hope it does well & does not go belly-up. Good to hear that Cage is on a bit of a winnning streak.
hopefully there not scratching around for a plot!

BAN5HEE

Must say when I saw this pop my First thought was - and especially after reading the description - What the Hell is Cage doing....However, what a corker.
It's funny how you can almost tell from the get go with the amazing cinematography and Cage's first few minutes on screen that this is a special beast. Highly recommended.

The latest video from AVForums

Movies Podcast: Star Trek in 4K. Is the new boxset worth it?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Roku announces new Streaming Stick 4K and OS 10.5
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
T+A announces high end 200 Series audio components
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Trinnov Altitude update adds new features
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Panasonic TVs welcome Disney+