1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Piega Speakers for 5.1 setup

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by kblue, Dec 17, 2001.

1. kblue

kblue

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Has anyone had any experience of Piega S4 and S4C speakers for a 5.1 setup? I'm in the process of upgrading my whole system from an Arcam AV50 with Musical Technologies fronts/centre, Linn satellites, REL Q201 sub.

Looking at putting the Piegas together with a Tag McLaren decoder/power amp combo (so expecting a quantum leap in performance!) and keeping the REL.

I've seen pretty good reviews, and listened to them in a stereo configuration just once. Seemed quite bright and airy, but not sure how they will go with the Tag. They also look great!

See - www.piega.ch

Any experience of the speakers, positive or negative would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks

2. ReTrO

ReTrO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    I had a listen to them in a 5.1 system with Linn 5103 and 5125 and didn't think they were that amazing. I have also heard the same amp and processor combo with a B&W N800 series system of a similar price 804, HTM2 (c) and 805 (sur.), with a Revel B15 sub.

Also heard them with the Linn AV51 system speakers which were good also, 5120 (c), 5140, 5150 (sub.), Katan (sur.) (Espek, Ekwal, Melodik, I think! )

The best system of them was the B&W and Revel combo, but the Revel does put the price up a bit, being around £2,500.

Well worth auditioning if you are looking with a budget in the £6k+ area.

3. kblue

kblue

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the info!

4. Baldbod

Baldbod

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The Piega S4 System is well worth an audition - they sound great and look good too!!!! - I hope I am not too late.
    Baldbod

5. NeilH

NeilH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Whatever you decide to do, DO NOT pay the asking price.

I negotiated a >£2K reduction (off a £6.5K list) on a 5.1 setup.

Neil.