1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pictures Of The New 1080p DLP Sets !

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by Carl_Docklands, Jan 11, 2005.

1. Carl_Docklands

Carl_Docklands

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  2. Mango Bob

Mango Bob
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The page after that has a 61" rptv that's a grand total of 7" deep!

How thick are plasmas that size?

3. Neelix

Neelix

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This is looking very sweet indeed :)

4. Solidstate

Solidstate

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +103
    I'd want a 42-46" 1080p screen. These ones wouldn't be viewable in my lounge.
    Has anyone got a smaller 1080p set in development. Any idea of costs?

5. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,218
    exactly as thick as any plasma diagnol size does not effect thickness...........1080p sets are great (we wont even get 1080i TV) there will probably be some smaller 1080p sets but they will cost about the same as the larger sets....... Cost is in the electronics not the cabinet......hence comparitavely larger sets are far more marketable and the extra res means the performance is on a Par with smaller 720p sets but dont expect them in the UK anytime soon......

6. loadsofleads

loadsofleads

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Don't want to sound like an ungreatful sheepshagger but the 'smooth picture technology' in the xHD3 sounds like a bodge to get 1080p before the dlp technology is advanced enough. If 'smooth picture technology' uses one mirror for 2 pixels it means your actually getting a 960/540 resolution screen masquerading as a true 1080P, :blush: :blush:

7. MJ

MJ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    and if I'm not mistaken someone has already posted on the forum links to the European/UK versions of the RCA/InFocus 61" DLP RPTV that is only 7" thick. It looks like they are rebadged under the Thomson name. Word has it that the picture brightness drops off when off axis by only a foot or so. Can anyone who has seen it comment?

8. Neelix

Neelix

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As I understood it, the mirror is used to display both pixels individually i.e. in a very fast sequence so you are getting the full resolution as each pixel displayed is unique. Think of it in terms of playing a tennis game with two balls... there is only one of you but two games are being played concurrently i.e. twice the work!!