1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pictures of projector mounting

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by monopole, Jul 16, 2005.

1. monopole

monopole

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

My parents want to install a projector but they are a bit worried it will look obtrusive and have asked me if I could show them some pictures of how other people have mounted their projectors.

So, do any of you guys have any pics you could upload that show interesting and maybe not so interesting ways of how you have mounted your projectors?

The projector will be permanently mounted in the livingroom (when they get it) and a pull down screen will be installed behind the pelmet that runs across the main window of the room.

One option could be to knock a hole in the wall opposite the screen and project from a cupboard in the kitchen on the other side - anyone here project from another room?

Cheers,

2. Gary Lightfoot

Gary Lightfoot
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,123
    How obtrusive can depend on the projector - some have a fixed angle of projection and can go close to the ceiling or floor, whereas others that have lens shift have to be within the top and bottom of the screen so can go on a shelf somewhere.

I think that if you can have it in another room and project through a hole, that woul dbe a great idea. :)

That's how they do it at the cinema more or less and it means you don't hear or see the projector. If you do put it in a cupboard or box, you will have to have some means of getting the hot air away from it (and cool air to it) or it will overheat and shut down.

Gary,

3. monopole

monopole

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The projector will be a Panny AE700 (the model I own) or Sanyo Z3 - I wouldn't even consider a projector without lens shift - it gives you so much more flexibility with placement.

4. cyberheater

cyberheater

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +175
    Personally. I'd love to have a hole knocked thru my wall for my PJ. You can run the fan at full blast (to protect the bulb) and you wouldn't hear it.

Fantastic :)

BTW. I think your parents are right. I've never seen a ceiling mounted projector that didn't look like crap (however nicely done). PJ's bolted onto the ceiling are simply not nice looking.
    Much better to have a shelve mount.