Picture thread BK Subwoofers

This is my Monolith Plus FF in light oak.It was much lighter when I got it; now it is a more honeyed warmer hue.The picture quality is not fantastic - my new camera is on the blink and had to use my phone instead.

Attachments

• BK Monolith+ FF.jpg
    BK Monolith+ FF.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 1,257
Last edited:
Roy, that GLOSS WHITE Monolith is amazing...I want one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...I have actually got a BK XXLS400 in satin white, didn't know they could it in gloss! :D

Hey There Bk Sub lovers..

I've just replaced my Black Ash Monolith with another one in Gloss White..:D

The finish is outstanding, its hard to see the Quality in Photos to be Honest..

Here's a sneaky peek.. :smashin:

REGARDS..Roy.

Roy, that GLOSS WHITE Monolith is amazing...I want one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...I have actually got a BK XXLS400 in satin white, didn't know they could it in gloss! :D

Its even more STUNNING in the flesh..:thumbsup:...

REGARDS...Roy

Can i ask if i can connect my subwoofer to my avr aswell as my stereo at the same time. So if use either the sub will work?

Hi Mollywop. They are Independant connections so I think you can connect to disparate systems. However I would make sure only one system is on at a time...there is also the possibility of Ground Loops I.e. buzzing

Thought these may be of interest, got the Mono in 2010, and being me I couldn't resist taking it apart to look inside!

Enjoy.

IMG_2018 by Andy Likes Cameras, on Flickr

IMG_2019 by Andy Likes Cameras, on Flickr

IMG_2022 by Andy Likes Cameras, on Flickr

IMG_2023 by Andy Likes Cameras, on Flickr

IMG_2024 by Andy Likes Cameras, on Flickr

IMG_2026 by Andy Likes Cameras, on Flickr

IMG_1422 by Andy Likes Cameras, on Flickr

IMG_1423 by Andy Likes Cameras, on Flickr

IMG_1424 by Andy Likes Cameras, on Flickr

:thumbsup: thanks Stinger69, now I dont got to do it myself when I get mine this weekend.

Thought these may be of interest, got the Mono in 2010, and being me I couldn't resist taking it apart to look inside!

Enjoy.

Thanks Stinger69,
My Mono due soon and to be honest it would'nt have been long 'til I took a sneaky peak inside. At least I can concentrate on set-up and playtime first now :smashin:

A couple of pics of it in its current location (not the best, but the most accepted one).I really need to sort out that centre speaker riser (*ahem* cardboard box).

Attachments

• P5179682s.jpg
    P5179682s.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 933
  • P5179683s.jpg
    P5179683s.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 941
Thanks for the Pics.

Am I the only one Surprised that there is no wadding inside the Mono?

Given that it is discussed with regularity on the DIY Sub build forum..........

K.

Thanks for the Pics.

Am I the only one Surprised that there is no wadding inside the Mono?

Given that it is discussed with regularity on the DIY Sub build forum..........

K.

I had assumed he removed it for the photo?
:facepalm:

I might agree with your facepalm if there was any mention or sign of it.

Perhaps the OP will clarify.:)

K.

I might agree with your facepalm if there was any mention or sign of it.

Perhaps the OP will clarify.:)

K.

No, there wasn't any wadding. I think that's usually used more in sealed subwoofer enclosures, but I could be wrong!
Ask Moonfly on the DIY forum, not much he doesn't know!

Thanks.You may be right.

Just an owners interest.:)

K.

Had to find some info. before everyone started dismantling their Monoliths :rotfl: ....

Usually ported subs don't benefit from stuffing, nor is it needed, due to such a low crossover point. Good bracing (like in the Monolith) though is especially important on large enclosures.

Since a ported enclosure more or less works by resonance, stuffing it will only reduce output. This can be helpful if the tuning is too high and an enclosure has a peaky/boomy sound but is otherwise detrimental to performance i.e if it sounds bad, try stuffing it, as it's an easily reversible tweak (obviously not needed with the Monolith!)

Got my xls200 ff today.

ForumRunner_20120518_203831.jpg

ForumRunner_20120518_203844.jpg

ForumRunner_20120518_203859.jpg

ForumRunner_20120518_203911.jpg

ForumRunner_20120518_203920.jpg

And one of the cover.

Was impressed by build quality! The cover suprised me too. Brilliantly made!

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120518_204105.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120518_204105.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 736
Last edited:
Received Mono yesterday and have been busy ever since :rotfl: . I have made a step-by-step unboxing and basic set-up album to share. Click here for my Black Ash BK Monolith Unboxing Photo Gallery..
Before I made my purchase I found images for Black Ash Monoliths were few and far between in net searches. Hopefully my album may be of help/interest to somebody out there.

Last edited:

Hmm, interestingly I don't think the port on mine is flared on the inside end as it is in your photo and is suggested in BK's website. Have BK stopped doing this or did they forget mine I wonder?

Last edited:
Hmm, interestingly I don't think the port on mine is flared on the inside end as it is in your photo and is suggested in BK's website. Have BK stopped doing this or did they forget mine I wonder?

I don't know, maybe the port is slightly different on the plus version?
Most speakers that have been in production as long as the mono will undergo minor changes in design over time. They might be using a different supplier for the port for instance.

I wouldn't worry though, I'm sure it sounds wonderful!

Last edited:
Here is my Mono DF+ in light oak next to 1 of my CM8's. I'll be selling this mono soon as my new units and floating wall dictate a gloss black one :)

6ea46559.jpg

Daz1969 said:
Here is my Mono DF+ in light oak next to 1 of my CM8's. I'll be selling this mono soon as my new units and floating wall dictate a gloss black one :)

Let me know when, i fancy another one!

Plenty of wanted threads for these much sought after B&K subs!
I've also gone for a gloss black.

Looking at all these set ups with exposed drivers, open placement etc. takes me back to the days before my young children. Now its a case of what has to be hidden or protected or passes the other half's critique etc. :p

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom