1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Picture Stabilisation Device

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by Rasczak, Nov 1, 2003.

Tags:
  1. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,203
    Can anyone recommend a picture stabiliser? My setup is currently:

Sky+ RGB Out - RGB in Panasonic HS2 and then RGB out - Quattro - RGB-S-Video Converter - S-VCR

The problem is the picture will not stabilise with the HS2 in the loop - presumably due to copy protection measures. Obviously a solution would be to buy a device that sits between Sky and the HS2 but this is totally unacceptable - I can't afford any degredation of picture prior to it being recorded on the HS2. So can anybody recommend a device that could sit before/after the RGB to S-Video converter and stabilise the picture?

2. phelings

phelings
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Why not connect the HS2 directly to the tv via RGB and keep the SVHS separate and out of the line up.Do you have something else going in to your other tv Scart?Do you do lots of HS2-SVHS or vice versa?If not,just add it in when necessary.
    Actually,rereading your set up is confusing.Why not set AV1 output to S-video and scrap the converter,or am I missing something?

3. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,203
    Mate your telling me. It gives me a headache even thinking about it.

Briefly my Plasma setup is currently:

Sky+ TV Out> AV2 on the HS2 and then AV1 > Sky In On Quattro And Then TV Out > TV RGB in 1

Arcam 88 > Aux1 On The Quattro to TV Out > TV RGB in 1
    (the Arcam primarily outputs to the PJ)

Desktop PC > Converter > TV RGB in 2

Quattro VCR In/Out > RGB-to-S-Video Converter > S-VCR > TV S-VHS In

Sky+ VCR Out > TV Composite in 3

Now the problem I'm having is the VCR will not 'see' the Sky picture (it hears sound). It's almost as if it was receiving a composite signal when it's expecting a S-Video one. It's definetly the HS2 causing the problem though - if I remove it from the loop it works :confused: I'm not THAT concerned in the immediate term - I'll be dismantling all my equipment and boxing it up soon anyway (bar the HS2/Sky).