1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

picture & sound seetings for philips 30PF9946

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by sparky76, Mar 17, 2005.

1. sparky76

sparky76
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi all, what are the best settings for this set, i have it connected to sky+ on scart 1 (using scart lead that come with sky) and a jvc dvd player, i have found settings for other philips models but not this, any help appreciated

2. jimsan

jimsan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Hi Sparky!

This is one of the earlier generation Philips TV's and very little has been written about it here. Have you tried a search? This may produce some results from last year, before the likes of the 9986 and 9976 Hijacked the Forum!

Basically, you'll need better Scarts for your connections. The 9946 only has one RGB Scart and one composite. If you want the best from the TV then an RGB enabled Scart switcher would be advisable. (Get on in Comet.) As for Scarts, get two £5.99 ones from www.tvcables.co.uk

This will allow you to hook up your Sky and your DVD player with RGB scarts for the best possible piccie.

If you have a VHS recorder, use the crummy scart for that and plug it into Ext2 on the TV which is non RGB.

Jimmy

3. sparky76

sparky76
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yeah i was thinking about changing my scarts, will do that and get a rgb switch, any ideas on the settings (mainly picture, got amp for sound), i have seen them put here for the newer models but not this

4. jimsan

jimsan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Not familiar with the 9946, but, as a general rule, set the sharpness well down the scale - virtually as soft as possible. It's really up to you. With a good source signal you'll find it easier to get the picture as you like it.

Jimmy

5. sparky76

sparky76
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    just ordered vivanco sbx-94se switch box and a couple of QED P2110 scarts, should help with the picture, thanks for the help :thumbsup:

6. jimsan

jimsan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    ATTABOY!

Jimmy