Picture/Sound buttons on Harmony 555

DECKARD71

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi. Im not able to configure the 2 extra buttons of Harmony 555: sound and picture. I've learned to configure the rest of buttons, but not these 2. Can anyone help?

Thanks!!!

The Picture and Sound buttons don't send commands. They are shortcuts to a customized Device mode of the devices being used for audio and video in the current activity. So, for example, if you are in the "Watch DVD" activity, you could press the "Sound" button and the remote would be dedicated to the receiver device, where you could adjust surround modes, speaker levels etc.. Press "Sound" again to return to the "Watch DVD" activity.

You customize the "Picture" and "Sound" modes from the "Customize buttons" page for either the device or the activity. Select "Picture" or "Sound" from the drop-down at the top of the page (it will normally be on "Activity" or "Device" depending on the page you are on).

Thanks a lot czzer. Now I see how it works... I thought that Sound and Picture sent commands....

Last question..... is there any way to manage the Device functions displayedon LCD? I have 28 pages for my AV receiver... and I would like to remove many functions, change the order, etc..

Thanks again !

Yes. Just select "Settings" for the appropriate device under the "Device" tab, then "Customize buttons". You can re-order by typing commands in the order you want (and selecting the appropriate command from the drop-down box), and delete by leaving the label column blank.

czzer. thanks again, I owe you many beers:thumbsup:

two years later ;)

is it possible to change the picture/sound buttons in for a example sound on/off?

Nothing's changed since then - 15-09-2007 7:48 AM - "The Picture and Sound buttons don't send commands". They still don't.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom