1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

picture shape??

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Adrenochrome, May 27, 2003.

1. Adrenochrome

Adrenochrome

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +207
    i have just made a screen from blackout material and 19mm x 45mm timber as advised (cheers guys:smashin: )

i have however an odd problem in that my picture shape is not rectangular:( but trapezoidal and me be a dolt i don't know how to adjust this:suicide: oh by the way it's a panny ae100. all assistance accepted :confused:

regards

Tom Barr.

2. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Your PJ isn't "aligned" correctly with the screen.

Should be along the centre line (give or take) with the screen. Have a look at your manual for specific positioning details.

Other possible cause is you've changed the keystone in your PJ menu.

3. Gary Lightfoot

Gary Lightfoot
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,114
    Is the image bigger at the top than the bottom, or vice versa?

If say the left of the pj is a little closer than the right, the left will appear smaller - and trapezoid.

You will find rotating the pj slightly to the right will straighten things up, but the image is off to the right aond off the screen - you have to physically move the pj to the left a little to line the image up with the screen.

The same principal applies should the trapezoid be bigger at the other side. If it's bigger top or bottom, then you have to swivel the pj up or down to get the sides straight, then move the pj up or down to alighn the image.

HTH

Gary.

4. Adrenochrome

Adrenochrome

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +207
    cheers guys i have the pj sitting on a chair atm so picture shape is affected by this. so now that i know how to sort this i have to ceilng mount the pj but what with??? and do i mount the screen first or the pj??

sorry for all the newbie q's

regards

Tom Barr.

5. Gary Lightfoot

Gary Lightfoot
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,114
    I mounted my screen first due to the constraints of the room, but you idealy want it so that eye height is approx one third from the bottom of the screen when seated.

Then position the pj accordingly.

You can buy ceiling mounts, or you can make your own. Some have used modified tv mounts (like those in Argos or Ikea), and others have used pipe fittings and mdf. I used a speaker bracket and mdg to fit mine, though it isn't as versatile as a proper one:

http://www.g-lightfoot.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/ht1000.html

hth

Gary