1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Picture settings

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by BallJoint, Aug 6, 2002.

1. BallJoint

BallJoint

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry if this is a rather daft question, but with all the comments floating around the place about contrast and brightness I was wondering if there were any ball-park settings to give the best picture. Is one more important than the other? I realise that it is very much a personal thing though.

The brightness is set at 52%, contrast at 65% and colour at 47% on a PW6006.

Cheers

BJ

2. juboy

juboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I don't think you'll be too far out with those settings although it would be worth buying/borrowing Video Essentials or Avia if you can, that way you can calbirate the picture more accurately.

Of the settings you list, it's possible the colour level may be lower than reference levels.

3. BallJoint

BallJoint

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the info juboy. Will give it a go.

BJ

4. bobble

bobble

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Balljoint, if you have the T2 DVD it has a picutre set up section, goto sensory control and select THX on the terminators head. Its not very comprehensive, but may give you some guidelines.

At the end of the day we probably all prefer things slightly different, if you are happy with your settings then things are fine!