1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Picture Settings options on Pio 43/50MXE-1 on DVI input

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by oliverlim, Mar 12, 2005.

1. oliverlim

oliverlim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Hi all,

Is it true that the MNR/DNR/CTI/DRE settings are not accessable when using the DVI input?

Currently on the consumer models, all these are usuable although I am still wondering what CTI actually does as I don't see any effect on SDTV or DVD when I try it out. I will defintely miss the DNR low effect and the MNR which really does help clean up Mosquito noise really well. The DNR does help just clean up the slight noise even on many DVD's even those well mastered ones. I find that without DNR on low setting, almost all DVD's are too noisy in areas where there are white or dark block of areas.

The reason I am asking this is that I have upgraded my my 434HDE to the 43MXE1 and will accept delivery next week. I am using it with my Lumagen HDP via a SDI DVD player. I am especially worried about not being able to enable DNR on my SDTV. Does that mean that I have to connect analog from the Lumagen to the MXE1 at the same time as well? Or will getting Native Rate result in lesser noise?

Thanks!
    Oliver

2. Twan1

Twan1
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    hiya,

I can confirm yes you are right, all thos picture adjustments are not active when using DVI.

However i must admit, ive got a similar set up and the picture is very very good. the lumagen is a great pair up with the plasma! you dont need to worry!

3. oliverlim

oliverlim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Thanks. Guess there's no totally perfect Plasma though the MXE1 comes close.

Cheers
    oliver