1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Picture settings on Philips 36PW9607

Discussion in 'TVs' started by spikeyboyo, Jul 3, 2002.

1. spikeyboyo

spikeyboyo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all you lucky owners of the 9607.

Im having a slight problem with mine (dont worry its not that bad) when watching DvD, Sky the picture is fine., however when using my Xbox certain games are just to dark to play - Project Gotham and Spy Hunter. The screen is just to dark i cant see the road etc, thought it was just PGR when i only had that game but its the same on SpyHunter.

I can get round this by upping the Brightness and Contrast Levels in the personal picture settings, then use multimedia smart setting for Sky, DvD etc.

Now the problem is that when i switch the set on it defaults to Personal Setting - which is a pain as id like it to stay on the last setting.

Is there a way to either set Multimedia setting as the default or make the set use the last used setting ???

Spike

2. Serpico

Serpico

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I have the same slight distortion on the sky banner, but I'm sure it'll be fin ewhen I get the tv set up properly. I wonder whether someone who has used a set up dvd on this tv might post their settings to the forum for the rest of us who've spent every penny they have on the damned set, and don't have a twenty left for a set-up disk.

3. Zacabeb

Zacabeb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Try turning off Dynamic Contrast. Dynamic Contrast compresses shades near gray and then drags dark and bright shades toward the ends of the scale. Since video games are inherently very contrasty, Dynamic Contrast goes overboard and most areas get darkened to a near black.

4. spikeyboyo

spikeyboyo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers Zacabeb i will give that a go tonite - i was going higher with the DC thinking it would help - doh.

Spike