Picture settings for Philips 32pf9986

Discussion in 'Philips TVs Forum' started by Trotsky, Mar 7, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Trotsky

Trotsky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I noticed that when watching football (which if I'm totally honest I spend about 98% of my tv viewing time doing :thumbsup: ) on the 32pf9986 there was an unusual (and annoying) dark green tint on the side of pitch the camera was nearest to. This was particularly bad on evening kick offs and worse still on the Spanish football games shown on Sky. Anyway after spending a week trying to get rid of this annoying blot on the picture I've finally come up with the following picture settings which means the problem no longer occurs:-

Contrast: 64
    Brightness: 55
    Colour: 45
    Tint: Cool
    Dynamic Contrast: Off
    DNR: Minimum
    Colour Enhancement: Off
    Picture: Progressive Scan

Watching the Spanish football is now an enjoyable experience again. Obviously picture settings are down to personal preference which probably varies from person to person, however for you footie lovers out there you may find the above settings the most useful for watching evening kick offs. :hiya:

2. rnsdm001

rnsdm001

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    tried this last night for the bolton game - worked quite well (i ammended a couple of settings to suit personnel taste, but the general settings worked well.

Must stress - i wouldnt use these settings for anything else other than the evening kick offs - see Jimsans 'hot settings' for everything else