Picture setting for Sharp GD series

KAZER

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi first time posting so go easy on me.

Just had delivery of the Sharp 45GD1E and the defualt setting make watching TV through my SKY box a nightmare. (Unlike DVDs which is when this screen is at it eye popping :smashin: )

Any ideas as to what the best picture settings for this screen are?? :lease:

Hi Kazer,

Take a look at the thread below, these are settings for the GA3 and GA4 sets which are the same sets essentially as the GD1.

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=168684&highlight=ga3+setting

Another option is to get a DVD with the THX Optimiser on it (Star Wars has it, Lord Of The Rings probably too) and use that. You can't set the colour though unless you have blue filter glasses.

Last option is to get the DVE DVD - Digital Video Essentials (PAL Version) and work your way through setting up the Audio and Visual and learn a few more things too !

Richie.

I also have a 45GD1E and can't agree more that the default settings were awful for regular TV.

After a couple of months playing I'm fairly happy with it although I will be investing in a scaler in the not too distant future.
Obviously these are my settings and may not suit you, the room lighting level or the distance at which you watch the TV

Backlight -7
contrast +35
brightness +3
colour +1
tint 0
Sharpness -10
--------------------
advanced

colour temp mid-low
sharpness enhancement 0

------------------
options

3d NR = high
mosquito NR = high

quickshoot off.

not ideal I know but the picture NTL send is full of crap and this at least makes it watchable.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom