1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Picture ripple on Sky plus

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by raydundas@bluey, Dec 1, 2004.

1. raydundas@bluey

raydundas@bluey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had sky plus installed a week ago. On first installation, I noticed a slight rippling of the picture, on lighter solid colours, but after about 30 mins it seemed to have dissapeared. overall the picture with sky plus has been far better than with standard sky. I got a new carpet fitted a couple of days ago and had to disconnect, then re-connect the box. Now the slight rippling is back again. Any suggestions. I have checked cables are tight and seemingly free from possible interference and have tried moving cables around, but to no avail. Any help greatly appreciated. Will the Lumagen Scaler I am going to get installed be likely to solve this. It is so slight in some ways, I doubt a Sky engineer would notice it well enough to change the box, but on a 50" Plasma I notice it every time it happens

2. fozziebear39

fozziebear39

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43
    Is it an Amstrad box? I bet it is. A known power supply problem (i.e. cheap) is the fault. I got my box swapped for a Pace (refurbished :mad: ) but I didn't want the Amstrad. It is worse with RGB and 100hz tv's.

3. raydundas@bluey

raydundas@bluey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the advice. Can the Power supply be replaced, do you know.

Cheers
    Ray

4. fozziebear39

fozziebear39

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43
    If you look at DigitalSpy forums http://forum.digitalspy.co.uk/board/index.php? on Sky+ you will find loads of people in similar position. It's pot luck if you get a good box. Most people wouldn't notice the fault that we can see (average customer using RF outlet :eek: ). Call Sky and get engineer out. Most likely swap the box.

5. raydundas@bluey

raydundas@bluey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the help. Got a change for a Pace box that does not exhibit this fault. Now just looking forward to Gordon for the lumagen install :~))