picture quality

D

debcr

Hi
I have a samsung 32'' lcd with intergrated freeview for a few weeks - the picture via freeview is excellent - ordinary analogue is rubbish - we also are connected to telewest cable tv -should the picture quality from cable tv be just as good as freeview. The cable guy said I should try better quality scart leads (they supplied them orginanly) - I would like some feedback from anyone before I go and spend money on new cables.
Thanks

clockworks

The quality on cable shouldn't be too different from Freeview. I'm not sure if Telewest compress the signals like Sky do, but the main BBC and ITV channels should look good. Some minority channels might look poor.
I assume that it was OK on your old TV?

Check that your new TV is setup correctly. Maybe the scart socket is set to "composite/CVBS" instead of "RGB". Some TVs can only accept RGB on the first scart (AV1 or EXT1).

cooperda

debcr said:
Hi
I have a samsung 32'' lcd with intergrated freeview for a few weeks - the picture via freeview is excellent - ordinary analogue is rubbish - we also are connected to telewest cable tv -should the picture quality from cable tv be just as good as freeview. The cable guy said I should try better quality scart leads (they supplied them orginanly) - I would like some feedback from anyone before I go and spend money on new cables.
Thanks

The inbuilt Freeview will be an all digital path to the digital screen - the cable picture even if a digital channel will be connected to the TV by an analogue cable (Scart) and then the TV will change it back to digital to display.

So I would have thought on the higher bit-rate Freeview channels the picture would be better.

Cheers, Dave C.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom