1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Picture Quality

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by steve4852, Jan 14, 2002.

1. steve4852

steve4852

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Denon 3801 which i use for all my audio connections , and also for VCR / PS2 video switching.

My Sony w/s TV has 2 Scarts , of which the 1st is RGB Compatible. Connected to this is an SQART RGB cable linked to my Sony 735 DVD which has a SCART cable with my Grundig sat.
    The sat passes through the DVD , when the DVD is in standby , and thus i get an RGB quality picture from my DVD and Sky.
    The DVD seperatly connected to the amp by coaxial cable, the sky to amp by phono leads.

The problem is , that i would like the same quality of picture (RGB) for my PS2 (Not too bothered about the VCR)

The amp is connected to the TV (2nd Scart i/p) by a composite to scart lead (SQART)

Ideally if possible i would like an RGB / or similar op from my amp to the TV , and all video/audio sources being connected to my amp.

Is this possible ?

2. Doubledoom

Doubledoom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Routing the video via the amp is old hat and not needed.

Try:

PS2 > (into vcr scart) Digibox (tv scart out) > DVD > TV (into RGB scart)
    Video > TV (scart)
    aerial> digibox>vcr>tv.
    TV > AMP (2x phono)
    PS2 > amp (optical)
    DVD > amp (optical or digital co-ax)

The above will give the audio from the tv to the amp for the VCR, TV and digibox. You will only need to switch if you want the PS2 and DVD. The video will need to use the aerial RF connection to record which will mean a reduction in the quality of your recordings but the main point is that the above will allow you to have RGB on the three main sources.