Picture quality

Dam1405

Novice Member
Hi, looking for some advice. Pre lockdown I brought a LG49UM7400PLB.

The picture quality watching Netflix and amazon is amazing, no issues at all.
brand-dark.svg
About our ads
You may also like

My issues are with sky q. When when watching live football, every couple of minutes, for a split or half a second the ball or player move in a slow motion then it jumps back to normal speed. I'm unsure what this is and it's frustrating.

Also notice jumping on re runs of football games, and sometimes notice slow movement of head movement on programmes like coronation Street and eastenders.

Match of the day on occasions has been unwatchable and can only liken it to a bad lag when playing Fifa on the xbox.

I've contacted LG who were most unhelpful.

Sky have been out and have changed the lnb and raised the height of dish as signal was failing on occasion, however this jumping/slow motion is still happening.

Any assistance would be most appreciated.

Clem_Dye

Distinguished Member
What are your picture settings? That's the first place to look. Motion judder can be caused by a number of things, but settings like True Motion are your first port of call. Difficult to comment further without those details.

Dam1405

Novice Member
What are your picture settings? That's the first place to look. Motion judder can be caused by a number of things, but settings like True Motion are your first port of call. Difficult to comment further without those details.
I watch the TV in standard setting, I have tru motion turned off along with all other options such as noise reduction, eye care etc

Clem_Dye

Distinguished Member
It could still be picture settings, but things will look worse on SD pictures compared to HD.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung Micro LED, Mini LED, NEO QLED TVs and More: AVForums Podcast Interview
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom