1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Picture Quality scart V Component

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by Optiplex, Dec 5, 2004.

1. Optiplex

Optiplex
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just set-up my Panasonic SC-HT520 and it is connected to a Samsung 42" rear pro with component inputs and progresive scan capability. I am using Ixos leads which have been recomended.

I noticed straight away the picture quality was not great. The colours were not very bright at all, even when adjusting the colour to nearly full up I was still unable to get what looked like a resonable red. Reds tend to look orange.

I have therefore changed the connection to scart and right away have noticed a huge improvment.

Can anyone point me in the right direction as to what I should look for when trying to fix this. I've been through the set-ups and menus over a dozen times and have run out of ideas. And yes I have checked all the connections.

And finally, if anyone else has the 520 am I right in thinking it only has progresive scan for ntsc not pal?

Thanks

2. ste_d73

ste_d73
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I believe you are right in your assertion that the pana 520 only offers prog scan on NTSC. So if your playing region 2 PAL discs this may explain the lack of picture quality.