Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Picture quality questions/clarification

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by goodap, Nov 19, 2004.

1. goodap

goodap

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Dear All,

I have been trawling through many posts and think I have got myself a little confused.

I have purchased an hitachi 42pd5200 and am experiancing differing results in picture quality.

Sky is terrible(Blocky and shadow effects) using standard scart
    DVD's picture quality is stunning and that is through just a standed scart.
    Xbox is ok again through standard scart.

So I need to try and better the quality of the Sky and Xbox.

I have checked on the back of the sky box and only have a scart output, there is a space for a digital interface module, there doesnt seem like there is anything available for this slot from sky?
    I have seen mentioned that you can change the sky box to convert to RGB, when I try this the picture goes black and white and fuzzy, do I need to change a scart cable or a setting on the tv?

With the xbox is there anything on the market to upgrade from the scart lead, I currently have an advanced av connection which gives the dolby digital surround sound aswell via an optical connection, and the scart lead, is it worth getting the RGB av cable.

Thanks for your help in advance

Paul Gooda

2. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    If RGB on SCART doesn't work, you may not have a "fully wired" SCART cable. Try getting a better quality one. It has also been suggested in other threads that an upgrade to Sky+ will give you S-Video output. You might want to consider that.