Picture quality problem px70

Gazza316

Standard Member
Reaction score
Evening all,

I have recently purchased a Panasonic PX70 37inch. I did some research before hand and everything pointed towards it being a very good machine for that price bracket. Since i have had mine tho i have been very disappointed with the picture quality, i spend a lot of time watching mainly sport and mainly football but the picture and players often appear pixalated and blurry. I am running just normal sky+. I am sure it has something to do with what I'm doing rather than the actual tv.

Does any1 have any tips to improve my picture, i only have a very cheap scart lead from the sky to the tv will this have any bearing on the quality? are there any settings i need to change on the tv?

i accept that i am not running anything HD through it so it will never be amazing but my old 15year old Sony tv had a much better picture.

Cheers

Gazza

firstly a better scart would be a good place to start and also make sure the sky box is set to out put an RGB picture which you can adjust in the picture settings. Presumable this set is also rather bigger than your 15 year old set. the bigger the screen the more noticeable any imperfection. hopefully though changeing the scart should get you back on track.

Cheers for that, have changed the picture setting to RGB. Too be honest it is slightly better but still not good, the footballers are still blurry.

I have my Xbox 360 plugged in and that seems to be fine and DVD quality through the 360 is good as well. So it's just something with the sky+.

I will get a better scart and see what that does.

Gazza

Make sure you have any picture enhancements turned off. Such as Noise reduction, contrast+ that sort of thing.

Cheers for that, have changed the picture setting to RGB. Too be honest it is slightly better but still not good, the footballers are still blurry.

I have my Xbox 360 plugged in and that seems to be fine and DVD quality through the 360 is good as well. So it's just something with the sky+.

I will get a better scart and see what that does.

Gazza

Make sure SCART control is also on in the Sky+ service menu or else setting it to RGB will do nothing.

Also take the TV out of Dynamic mode (if it's on that) in the picture settings. Put it on movie mode for every input as that's the most accurate.

I've just got this TV and Sky SD looks great on it compared to my 8 yr old Panasonic CRT. Something else must be wrong unless you've got a duff panel.

Don't forget that not all SD feeds are equal, Setanta will often be a bit of a crappy picture but Sky Sports should be fine.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom