1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Picture Quality on Freeview Boxes?

Discussion in 'Freeview & YouView' started by CH_2003, Jul 14, 2005.

1. CH_2003

CH_2003

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    At the moment I've got an old Grundig Freeview box (I think you can get the same box as Ferguson and maybe Goodmans). However, I feel the picture quality is not the best. Its seems to be quite blocky when the pictures are quick moving.

My first question is: Will most of the newer freeview boxes have a better picture? I'm thinking about the Sony, The Humax (HD recorder - 8000?) or maybe an iplayer.

Second question: I have a Philips 32PW9509C and was wondering if there are any freeview boxes which will work from the TV remote control. (It has buttons to switch to different devices). I also have a Pioneer DCS 424 home cinema system with a similar remote. Could I even use this for any freeview boxes? Its a bit of a pain having 3 remote controls!

Third Question: Is it worth me waiting for the new Humax dual tuner/HD model? How much is this gonna cost (approx)?

2. nig28

nig28

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    Sounds like you dont know what you want yet, if you dont like all the remotes get a digibox with a intigrated hard drive or DVDR.
    I am not aware of any tv remote which will operate another brand, but some will work with there own equipment ie. Sony, Philips
    I would imigine your poor picture is more likely to be your tv. Sometimes if you turn off some of the TVs features(processing) it helps on the fast moving scenes.
    Nigel

3. CH_2003

CH_2003

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, I don't really know what I want. I definitely want a better picture though. Depending how much the Humax is, I might be tempted

...or...

maybe I should just get the Humax 8000 and stick a bigger Hard disk in it. I've got a spare 160Gb one here

Decisions, decisions!!!!