1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Picture quality from decoder box

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by amancalledchip, Aug 28, 2003.

1. amancalledchip

amancalledchip

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi.

There are times in programs where the picture from my decoder box is terrible. The only way i can explain it is like this.

In the days of Win 98 if you booted up into safe mode the screen would not display 16 or 32 bit.Well this is what my picture looks like briefly , dependant on what is happening in the program.

Its not the TV , as a test we watched Daylight last night through the box, and when they swim under water it was like this, switch from AV to channel 3 so i was recieving through RF and all is well.

Watch DVDS and they are perfect too.

TV - Toshiba 32ZD26
    DVDR - Panasonic E50
    Telewest Decoder - Pace
    Amp - Pioneer V300

TIA
    Steve

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    Can't help in a technical fashion but if this fault can be repeated you should record the dodgy output and then get TW to send an engineer out. With actual evidence of the fault I see no reason why they wouldn't replace the STB right there and then.

One thing, just to confirm it's the STB at fault you should try a DVD using the same cables and AV input on the TV as you use for the STB.