1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Picture problmes

Discussion in 'TVs' started by eel, Mar 29, 2002.

1. eel

eel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I recently bought a Philips 24inch Widescreen tv to go with my Sony DVD player. however, i have experienced problems with my tv picture. The problem is several shadowy vertical lines are visible on my screen which are a lot more noticeable when watching movies with dark backgrounds. I have had this problem with all of my previous tv's but i associated these lines with bad reception (I live in a poor reception area) However, i only use my new tv to watch dvds so there isn't even an arial connected. The only connection is a Scart to Scart rgb lead. These lines can be distracting (although they are not very noticeable in bright scenes in movies) Could someone please suggest what these lines could be?

2. woodyuk62

woodyuk62

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My Phillips 32 inch has had similar problems plus ghostly patches of white in the top corners..Even on DVD and videos..but I never see them in the morning and so I wonder if its something interference wise!!