Picture problems with new Pace Sky+ Receiver

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by LRaybould, Nov 14, 2003.

1. LRaybould

LRaybould

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have recently had installed a new Pace Sky+2 Digital Satellite Receiver. The box itself works fine when watching or recording a digital picture. The problem arrises when switching over to my analogue ITV channel (Ch 60) which gives a very poor picture. (My local television transmitter is based at Woolwich.) All the other analogue channels BBC1 (Ch 57), BBC 2 (Ch 63) and Ch4 (Ch 67) are fine. The RF output has been changed from Ch 68 to Ch 50 as this originally interfered with Ch4.

My box is wired with my terrestrial aerial plugged into the receiver and then out of the receiver into my VCR, then out of my VCR into my TV. If I bypass the aerial feed via the receiver, my ITV channel is fine.

I have had a Sky engineer down with a replacement box, which had the same fault. The engineer also tried one of the original Pace Sky+ receivers (PVR1) which worked fine on all four analogue channels.

None of my other equipment with the same aerial feed, including my previous Amstrad Digital Satellite receiver, had this problem.

I have sent an email to Pace to see what they have to say.

Has anyone else experienced similar problems with these new boxes?

Also, should the cooling fan at the back of the box be permanently on or is it thermostatically controlled? At the moment it is not functioning.

Would appreciate any advice?

Thanks
    Lawrence

2. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yep, it's thermostatically controlled. AFAIK it runs continuously (but inaudibly) at very low speed & increases as temp rises. Mine becomes audible when it's quite warm.

3. phelings

phelings
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As you have Sky+,you can easily remove the RF lead entirely from your set up.You do not need an analogue feed anymore.If you do need it for something,simply take Sky+ out of the loop.Connect everything in line without Sky+,which should be connected via Scart to tv,and vcr or dvd recorder