1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Picture problems with DVI

Discussion in 'TAG McLaren Audio Owners' Forum' started by Londonrich, Jan 30, 2005.

1. Londonrich

Londonrich

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a AV32DP, DVD32R with PSM module. I am running the DVI from the DVD32 to a Marantz12S3 DLP projector (which is great). For some dvds the picture is off center - ie a third of the picture missing. This does not happen with all dvds and sometimes it only happens with the extras not the main picture.

I am not clear whether this is a Marantz issue or a Tag setting.

I have no problems with the picture in normal s-video mode.

I would appreciate any help.

2. GrahamMG

GrahamMG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +192
    I get exactly this too, had to centre up the image by altering the input file....Not sure you can do that on a marrantz... I think it is something to do with the menu's being 4:3 (and possibly NTSC not PAL!!!!) and the PSM gets all confused.....The main feature was always right though..... I gave up with the DVI output and used the component ones, better picture anyway..... Your particular Marrantz is quite a stroppy beast with HDCP as well as I seem to remember.....

Have you tried the setting for always display 4:3 as 16:9 (by electronically adding the black bars)?

If John or Steve want a demo disk the latest Rod Stewart (one night only at the RAH) shows it perfectly.....