1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Picture problems Philips 28PW9617

Discussion in 'TVs' started by Arch, Jun 21, 2002.

1. Arch

Arch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am having problems with what appears to be a kind of ghost type interference of another channel behind the channel you are watching, doesn't seem to matter whether it is a terestrial channel viewed via normal aerial i/p or SKY Digital viewed via ext 1 i/p. This is not a problem with the philips set as I had it with my old JVC set. I have read a couple of posts that suggest that the scart leads can cause problems if poorly grounded and that snipping a couple of pins can help.

I currently have the 9617 connected to my sky digibox via a scart lead my video connected to the digibox via a scart lead, my aerial i/p goes direct to the video then to the digibox and then to the tv.
    Is the connection set up ok and what pins on the scart lead could cause problems.

thanks for the help
    Arch

2. Doubledoom

Doubledoom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Don't bother with mucking round with a £1.50 scart lead. Switch it over with a spare lead or go out and get a decent shielded scart for about £15

3. Arch

Arch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    cheers

was going to get some during the week, hopefully that will cure problem.