Picture problems on Hotel Babylon

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by Gae, Aug 18, 2006.

1. Gae

Gae

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    As usual, I settled down to my weekly guilty pleasure of watching "Hotel Babylon" on my Panny AE900 but tonight the picture was jumping and vertical lines were appearing from time to time. Did anyone else notice this? At first I panicked and thought that the Sky HD box HDMI connection was now starting to play up with the projector too, but thankfully after switching over to Discovery HD, I saw that the picture on that channel was fine. The weird thing is that I watched a bit of the repeat at 10 pm and this time it was fine.

Was this just the BBC doing their tests or was the channel playing up tonight?

Gae

2. skooby

skooby
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Gae

didnt whatch HB but ahve notice verticle line on some other HD shows as per my post "vertical line in HD programs have you seen it"

dont know if this is a HDMI thing as i though it was only with Pannys and i have a fujitsu so probly a broadcast problem or general box issue.

skooby

3. ozsat

ozsat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +76
    I usually record the 9pm screening and watch it later - but last night watched it live.

I gave up because of the picture problems (including white lines) and set the 10pm repeat to record - which was fine.

4. alpine101

alpine101

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +109
    I got a few odd symptoms in the first part last night, looked like skipping frames, but I wasn't sure whether it was a juvenile director indulging in film school effects.
    I wish I could find someone in this series who I can warm to. They all, both staff and guests, seem to be quite appalling. Don't know why I watch it really:)

5. CapricaMan

CapricaMan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I'm watching it now, and I'm seeing the same things you did. I've seen this happen a couple of times now.

6. James Payne

James Payne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Good morning to you all.

Watched the 21:00 hrs recording of this last night :eek: Exactly the same problems as described , for about the first 30 minutes. Seemed to correct itself thereafter.

Regards James