1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Picture problem

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by colby, Oct 10, 2002.

1. colby

colby

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi i have a hitachi DV-P315E DVD player connected to a thompson 100hz tv.The problem is that when i play dvds i have like background interference (lines moving about and ghost like effects) I also have my xbox connected to the tv as well and both xbox and dvd player are on RGB but i have no picture problems when the xbox is on,it only seems to appear when i watch dvds on the hitachi.I also have telewest cable connected to the tv as well.

I have tried pulling out the telewest cable from the tv and switching it off but that makes the dvd picture worse.Can anyone out there give me some help in solving this problem? It's starting to do my nut in and ruin my Dvd viewing.

2. bob007

bob007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'll try and help, a few questions first.

How have you got it all connected?

How many scarts on the TV and what signals are they capable of handling?

3. Ged

Ged

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    I have had this problem with various players, tv's and Sky. It appears that if you watch for example BBC1 etc on terrestial tv this image ghosts onto the av channel. I have got round this by modulating my composite dvd image into the tv ariel using a modulator and then tuning this to channel 7. So, to watch a dvd using extension 1 first tune to channel 7 and the ghost image will be the same. Also maybe if your tv tuner shows a blue/black image for untuned stations this may work? Not tried it myself.

4. colby

colby

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have 3 scart sockets on the tv.DVD is connected to scart 1 and is set on RGB XBOX connected to scart 2 and is also RGB.Cable tv goes through video player which is then connected to the tv via the RF ariel socket.Hope this helps. I'am trying to get this sorted before connecting up a home cinema setup when it gets delivered

5. bob007

bob007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is this digital cable?

6. Ged

Ged

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Also some tv set up menus allow you to select what is OUTPUT from each scart for taping from camcorder etc. So if gamebox is ok check the settings or try and swap dvd and gamebox inputs.
    If you can select scart output settings select a non active av input e.g front/svid or ext 4.

7. colby

colby

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes it is digital cable bob007

8. bob007

bob007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Try:

Connecting Digi box AV2 > VCR AV2

VCR AV1 > TV AV3

Take lead from digi box out from VCR and re-place it in the TV aerial socket, this has done away with the RF which can cause problems. You will still be able to watch and record cable connected this way.

9. bob007

bob007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If the above does not help try:

Switching the DVD player to S-Video, if AV1 doesn't except this then you will have to connect it to either AV2/AV3.

The other thing to check is that your scart leads are fully screened, if they are the ones supplied with the equipment I would recommend replacements, something like the QED and Ixos range, doesn't have to cost a fortune something round the £20 mark.

10. colby

colby

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for your help bob007 will give that a try.

Cheers mate