Picture problem with Sony S735D

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by wheatoyed, Jan 13, 2002.

1. wheatoyed

wheatoyed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I am getting strange picures from above DVD mainly day-glo pink and blue. I have tried to connect to the TV via scart, video and s video connections but it makes no difference. Sound transfer is fine.

Any help will be much appreciated

Cheers

2. stranger

stranger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    are you switching your T.V. to the input you want to use. if its not this please give more information e.g. tv type disc etc.

3. wheatoyed

wheatoyed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Stranger

Thanks for replying

The TV is a 32inch widescreen Philips I think the model is 6166. It is por-logic but appears to have only basic functions on it onscreen menus.

The DVD was working fine until recently. the settings may however have been altered as I am not the only user.

As I said before I have tried all the input options open to me. The picture is the same no matter what disc is played.

I mentionaed the problem to a guy at richer sounds who suggested changing the component video setting on the DVD but this option only appears if the RGB connection is in use.

As you may have guessed I am new to this game but any advice (even that I should send the DVD away to get fixed!) would be appreciated.

Thanks again

Mike