Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Picture problem with Sony DVP-S9000ES s-video connection

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by S Rossi, Jan 27, 2003.

1. S Rossi

S Rossi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The Relevent components are:

TV Sony KV36FS70B
    DVD SonyDVP-S9000ES
    AMP Denon AVR3802.

Have no picture problems with the Direct connect via RGB scart from DVD to TV

However i use high quality svid cable to send signal from DVD to Amp then from amp to TV.
    There are no problems viewing VCR, Sky+ or playstation via this svid connection. And I can even look at the dvd player's saved backgroung picture via this connection and the pic is fine.
    But the moment I play a dvd or look athe the disc's menu, the picture begins to jump or judder in burst of three or four then this repeats every 3 seconds or so. THis makes it completely unviewable.

Macrovision is i believe disabled and the player has a multi mod to include RCE.

The only thing I can think of is that at the back of the tv there is no svid connect, so i use a svid to scart convertor to connect it to the TV.
    However if this was causing the problem the i should have the same touble with sky+ PSII etc.

I am stumped.
    Can anyone help!!
    Love to all who take the time!

Regards
    Simon

I