Picture problem with ae700

Reaction score
Done a search but couldn't find anything about this.

I've just moved my pj having installed a permanent screen but my picture is now a funny shape where it's deeper on the right of the picture than the left - a sort of horizontal keystone.

Even if I project straight ahead with no lens shift and no zoom it does this. My spirit level is telling me both the screen and the pj are flat so I'm worried I've hit one of the settings or something but can't find anything that can alter it.

Does anyone have any ideas as to how to correct it.

Thanks,

Horace

Have you tried turning the projector anti-clockwise slightly? If you do this and get the right geometry but end up with a focus uniformity problem you might have to get panasonic to look at it though.

Penfold73 said:
Have you tried turning the projector anti-clockwise slightly? If you do this and get the right geometry but end up with a focus uniformity problem you might have to get panasonic to look at it though.

Tried turning the projector but it's made no difference.

It may well be that it's done this from when I got it a couple of weeks ago but as I was just projecting onto blackout cloth stuck on the wall I may not have noticed it but am spotting it now because of the black borders on the screen.

Double checked last night and with no zoom or lens shift, the picture output is 35cm deep on the left but 36cm deep on the right so I guess it's going to have to go back to have something sorted :(

Horace

Horace said:

If you swivel the PJ in the horizontal plane you will be able to see the pic keystoning. What you describe means that the PJ is slightly out of alignment to the screen, it's a very common situation which a bit of adjustment should sort - and when I say "bit" it could be mere mm's movement. It's not an issue with the PJ. I did a diagram once for someone... I'll try to find it...PJ

I agree with the advise here, even milimetres of adjustment at the PJ end can result in a large error at the screen. My set up is not permanent so I have to set up every time I watch a film. It only takes a couple of minutes, but often when I think the PJ is placed centrally to the screen, the picture tells me it is not. The key is to rotate left or right until the picture is rectangular, then move the whole PJ left or right without rotating it, until the picture aligns with the screen. Great diagram PJTX100 :smashin:
Rotating your PJ has to make a difference, It is the law of geometry. It will either exagerate the error or reduce it, whether the nominal setting for your PJ is correct or not. I would recomend trying again, taking it stage by stage. If your PJ is permanently mounted as well, you may well either have to remounted it or the screen to the left or right. :(

Croc

Thanks for the answers guys will have a go when I get in. It sounds like I just wasn't dainty enough when I swiveled the projector if we're talking mm making a difference. It's a great relief it's human error and not the pj - I just need to be a bit more patient :)

Apologies to Croc for the appalling use of English. When I said it made no difference I meant it didn't solve the problem.

In my defence, it was a long weekend of mounting my screen, which arrived with a dent to the casing that I finally decided I could live with, only to find that it won't retract back up once it was on the wall, so it looks like it'll have to go back anyway.

Then it was a case of moving the pj into the new position and of course, moving the DVD player, Sky+ box, video recorder, AV receiver and speakers, only to find I couldn't get a square picture.

And all the while getting shouted at by my daughter to leave it alone as it was fine and she wanted to watch a film - during which I spent the entire time looking at the black borders because I was irritated by the leakage in the bottom right corner and the slant of the picture :(

Thanks again,

Horace

kids and the av gear, the two things perfect for causing stress LOL, good luck

Thanks again chaps - got it all sorted now though it took about 30mins of fiddling. I'm thinking of putting crime scene tape across the bottom third of the room so no-one can nudge the pj as I don't fancy doing that every time I want to watch a film :)

Horace

Horace said:
I'm thinking of putting crime scene tape across the bottom third of the room so no-one can nudge the pj as I don't fancy doing that every time I want to watch a film :)

Horace

:rotfl: :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom