Picture problem on my Techwood TWP 4205

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by vp31, Aug 10, 2006.

1. vp31

vp31

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,

A still blue screen was left on my Techwood TWP 4205 for about 6 hours. I mean a completely blue screen; this happened after I played my camcorder and stupidly, stupidly, forgot to turn the TV off when the tape reached the end.

Now the picture and colors are all messed up. I don't know if it is burn (there is no ghost logo or anything, but as I said the still picture was a blue screen). Cartoons look ok, particularly the yellow characters in The Simpsons, but anything else looks a little bit like an Andy Warhol art work, with various shades of purple. There are also non-active pixels (purple) in a few places.

I changed the LVDS cable, to no avail.

I just don't know if the screen is permanently damaged (in which case I assume calibration wouldn't do anything) or what.

Any suggestion? Has anybody else had this problem before?

Thanks.

Valérie

2. stevelup

stevelup

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,270
    Hi

How do the onscreen menus look?

Have you tried some different inputs?

Steve

3. vp31

vp31

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    > How do the onscreen menus look?

They seem ok, the colors are not 100% right but they are perfectly readable; all the letters are there. One that I think has improved is the one which appears in green small print on the bottom right as you select the desired source. At first you could hardly read it, some letters were missing; now it appears in full and a bit brighter. As a matter of fact I think the whole picture has slightly improved since the problem happened about 2 weeks ago, although it could be just me getting used to it (?).

> Have you tried some different inputs?

Do you mean a different source? The picture is actually worse from both the DVD and the VCR; more shadows and 'funny' colors.

If that's not what you mean, please explain, I'm not much of a 'techie'!

Thanks.

Valérie