Picture printed disks won't play?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Daithi, Jul 4, 2003.

1. Daithi

Daithi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    A friend is having probelms playing disks with pictures printed on them, plain silver disks will play no problem though. I've no idea what make she has but has anyone heard of something like this before?

2. vonhosen

vonhosen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Are you talking about stick on labels ?

If so then yes they can affect playback. They can affect the balance of the disc & some people say that as they heat up inside the player the sticky glue holding them in place could loosen. Don't want any glue coming loose inside my player:nono:

3. Daithi

Daithi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm not sure what I'm talking about to be honest. As I said it is a friend (friend of a friend really) so I haven't seen the discs she is talking about. One that was mentioned though was Spiderman which I would imagine is not a sticker but a printed on image. Could be wrong though, I've never seen the spiderman DVD.
    Thanks anyway.

4. Daithi

Daithi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm not sure what I'm talking about to be honest. As I said it is a friend (friend of a friend really) so I haven't seen the discs she is talking about. One that was mentioned though was Spiderman which I would imagine is not a sticker but a printed on image. Could be wrong though, I've never seen the spiderman DVD.

5. vonhosen

vonhosen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    I was talking about home burnt discs with Neato type stick on labels , not commercial discs with silk screen printing direct onto the disc.

6. andya

andya

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +35
    hi dont use the labels they will ruin your dvd player laser over time .if youve got the money get the epson 900 printer its cd printer feature is great and you can get genaration 4 dvd master printable dvds for 90p at bowlers in manchester or of the net.the printer costs about £178 and it uses the 1290 a3 printer catridges so the ink will last a while.buy an origianal black and a copy colour the black has a special cleaning solution in it thas why u need an original

7. Jules

Jules

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,027
    How can they? The label is not stuck to the opposite side of the disc (obviously!).
    Surely if lables were not good for your players health, nobody would use them. Or have a missed something?

8. andya

andya

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +35
    i wont go into detail and bore you but its a heat issue they need to be printed on to the dvd the only way you wont have problems is to use a printer that prints them on