Picture & Picture On Nights Like These!

keefers

Novice Member
Man Utd vs. Roma on one side of the screen, Valencia vs. Chelsea on the other side.

It's nights like this that remind me why I splashed out on this Pio 436XDE :D

K.

NiPsTeR

Standard Member
Would i be correct in saying you have to have 2 seperate inputs for this to be possible.

i.e

SKY
freeview

keefers

Novice Member
Would i be correct in saying you have to have 2 seperate inputs for this to be possible.
No - the 436XDE has a Digital & an Analogue tuner built in so one side of the screen for each.

K.

mc5

Does anyone else find the picture quality of ITV football (& F1) rubbish but fine on BBC & Sky Sports on their plasmas.

keefers

Novice Member
Does anyone else find the picture quality of ITV football (& F1) rubbish but fine on BBC & Sky Sports on their plasmas.
Spot on, mate. BBC football looks fantastic & during the World Cup last year I remember hoping the England games were on BBC when I checked the schedules. ITV was & continues to be very noisy via Freeview. I believe this is because BBC uses a higher bandwidth than ITV.

K.

EDIT: And of course the commentators aren't idiots on the BBC. David Pleat (truly awful) bleated last night, "Ah yes Ronaldo, he's been compared to the incomparable George Best". Anyway, I digress ...

jmela

Standard Member
Yeah the picture quality on ITV is shockingly bad - my mate was complaining about how bad it looked on his 32" lcd - imagine how awful it looks blown up to 50" on my plasma!!! BBC and SKY look much better, although theyre still hard to watch after getting used to Sky HD!

B

bluebear

Just buy a Humax PVR-9200T box, you can watch two channels at the same time, side by side and record a 3rd one.

Great box, changed my life.:thumbsup:

Regards,

Bluebear.

choddo2006

Novice Member
ITV's picture quality is the worst by far, they should be taken to task on it by OFCOM or whoever it is. Shouldn't have been allowed to sign up that football contract based on the fact noone would be able to tell where the ball is.

B

bluebear

ITV's picture quality is the worst by far, they should be taken to task on it by OFCOM or whoever it is. Shouldn't have been allowed to sign up that football contract based on the fact noone would be able to tell where the ball is.
I agree, but last night the football (Tottenham Hotspur v Sevilla @ White Hart Lane) picture quality was very good.
Anyway the ManU game on Saturday is on BBC HD:clap:

Regards,

Bluebear.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom