Picture not in centre

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Odbod, Jul 10, 2005.

1. Odbod

Odbod
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I have recently purchased a Samsung DVD850 but after running the THX optimizer (using The Incredibles), I have noticed that the picture is slightly high and to the right. It is more noticeable when watching a 2.35:1 ratio film than a 1.85:1 film, as the bottom black bar is significantly thicker than the top.

There doesn't appear to be anything on the player or on my TV (Panasonic 28" CRT model) that will fix this. By the way, I am running it through a scart lead and RGB.

Prior to this I had a Wharfedale M5 and this was slightly off centre also in that it was low and to the right, although the black bars did seem to be even.

I also watched Welcome To The Jungle on Sky+ last night and again, the black bars seemed even.

Is this a known problem with DVD players, does anyone else have this happening or is there something wrong with the Samsung (or indeed the TV)?

Any advice would be appreciated.

2. Mark_a

Mark_a

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +612
    To adjust your picture for centre I think you might need to get into the service menu. I've no idea how you do that on your particular TV, though, sorry.

Regards

Mark

3. Odbod

Odbod
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Actually, your response sent me off in the right direction and after a bit of searching, I managed to find out how to get to the service menu. I have now adjusted the height and width and everything looks great.

Thanks.