Picture judder with sky+hd

Edgie70

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all , hope you can help, I have a Samsung au9000 TV and sky+hd , when I'm watching through sky I get an occasional second of picture judder , if I watch via Freeview HD I get no picture judder or if I watch prime I get no judder , anyone any idea as to why this maybe with sky+hd ? Thanks

Hi all , hope you can help, I have a Samsung au9000 TV and sky+hd , when I'm watching through sky I get an occasional second of picture judder , if I watch via Freeview HD I get no picture judder or if I watch prime I get no judder , anyone any idea as to why this maybe with sky+hd ? Thanks
I had the same issue. Then I upgraded my sky + box to the skyQ box, then the picture judder disappeared and is perfect

What motion settings are you using, with a Samsung usually they are all off or custom set to zero...

Setting your Sky box to the correct resolution fixed it for me.

All off and set to zero
Have you tried different settings and when you state watching Sky what actual content are you viewing?

Setting your Sky box to the correct resolution fixed it for me.
Thanks , it's set to 1080i resolution, the highest it
Have you tried different settings and when you state watching Sky what actual content are you viewing?
Any channel via the sky+hd box , it , sky news , sky sports , tried all resolution settings of the box

Other than trying a full reset of your sky box, you'd lose your recordings, unfortunately the sky HD box is extremely ancient by today's technical standards. Even the SkyQ box is getting long in the tooth.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom