• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Picture judder/shake

stingray

Standard Member
In the last couple of days I have been getting a juddery/shaking picture on normal channels but not on HD channels.

I have a hyundai 43" connected via component any ideas please?

sstorrow

In the last couple of days I have been getting a juddery/shaking picture on normal channels but not on HD channels.

I have a hyundai 43" connected via component any ideas please?
Changing the Output resolution and changing it back again, fixed it for me.

bobcar

Distinguished Member
I got a juddery picture on Sky Sports 1 HD last night. It went away after changing channels but I'm not sure if it would have gone away anyway.

devbod

I find the 'tickers' on Sky sports news and sky news are susceptible to judder

Again I have the same. Traced it to the fact that my sky box is set to output 1080i at all times so the upscale in the sky box and then downscale to 720p by the tv + image processing seems to be the culprit. Setting output to Auto cured it but my DLP tv makes a meal out of the res change so I stick with 1080i and live with it.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom